Central Outreach Wellness Center
Medical Marijuana Patient Certifications
Dr. Stacy Lane is now certified to certify patients to receive medical marijuana patient cards. Please call our office if you are an existing patient, have one of the qualifying conditions, and would like to make an appointment.
How do I receive a medical marijuana card?
- Make sure you have one of the “qualifying conditions” before you apply. These qualifying conditions include
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- HIV/ AIDS
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intractable Seizures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- You must be an established, regular patient with us Central Outreach Wellness Center.
- Go to the PA DOH Medical Marijuana website and click on “ patients and caregivers ” and create a patient account. Follow the instructions carefully because they are very specific with how they want the information entered. The information must EXACTLY match your PA Drivers License or ID card. If your name, address, or other information is not correct, you MUST update your PA identification first.
- Once you input your demographic information, make a follow-up appointment with us at the clinic. Here, you will fill out a medical marijuana contract, and a provider will review and potentially approve your medical certification for medical marijuana. Again, you MUST have one of the 12 qualifying conditions listed above.
- You will get an email from Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana if/when your certification is approved by a physician. Once approved, log on again to the PA DOH Medical Marijuana website with your user name and email created. You will be required to pay Pennsylvania $50 dollars to obtain your Medical Marijuana Patient card. There are discounts available for those with State Insurance (Medicaid, CHIP, etc).
- Once you get your license, you will be able to go to a medical marijuana dispensary - these are currently set to open in early 2018; they are NOT open yet.
- Every year you will have to renew your application at Central Outreach Wellness Center, so it is important to keep up to date on routine appointments.
- If you are having trouble creating an account call the Pennsylvania medical marijuana help desk at 888-733-5595.
Inclusive healthcare with dignity and respect.