FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who do I contact for billing issues?
2. Do you provide STI testing at Central Outreach?
Yes! We’re passionate about the importance of testing and provide simple, judgment-free tests for a number of STIs, including:
- Hepatitis C
3. How do I schedule my STI test?
4. Can you help me get on PrEP?
Yes! Central Outreach also powers , an exciting new program through which we can send you PrEP and conduct virtual followups anywhere in the country. Check out our PrEP2Me website to learn more about how it works.
If you’d prefer to meet in person about starting PrEP, no problem. Just schedule an appointment here on our site.
5. I’m not on PrEP and I think I may have been exposed to HIV. Can you help me?
Yes. Contact our office directly by phone as soon as you can using the number at the top of the page. Our physicians can help get you a prescription for PEP, which can block the HIV virus within 72 hours of possible exposure.
5. Do you provide gender-affirming care for transgender patients?
Yes. Dr. Lane and her staff see more than 800 trans patients, and we can provide care from hormone replacement therapy to gender-affirming surgery referrals. Any services you receive at Central Outreach will be respectful of your gender identity, chosen name, and pronouns.
6. I’m currently using drugs. Can I still receive care at Central Outreach?
Absolutely. Your drug use status has no bearing on your ability to be treated, and our facility is 100% judgment-free. Our concern is your health and your health alone.
7. Do you accept volunteers for your community outreach initiatives?
Yes! Please email us at email@example.com to receive information about upcoming volunteer opportunities in the Pittsburgh community.
8. What is the payment policy at Central Outreach?
We accept major insurance, and we offer a sliding scale fee system for those who are uninsured. We will also provide assistance in signing up for healthcare and other qualifying assistance programs.
9. I’m here for my appointment and I don’t know where to park!
Parking is free behind the Timber Court Building on Isabella St.